Hey guys! Sorry it's been 2 weeks since I last posted instead of the usual weekly post--I lost power last week because of Hurricane Sandy! Then again, we also didn't have school for all of last week either...quite the trade-off eh?
Well now that we're only 2 weeks away from Thanksgiving break (I know...tell me about it) and then about 3 weeks till xmas break from there, things are really calm before the storm right now. After we all come back from Thanksgiving it's going to be a lot more hectic, not to mention stressful...but the excitement of the holiday season should still keep everyone going, eh? And so in light of this, I decided to make a list of awesome things to do around campus to really get into the late fall/early winter spirit! It reads thus, countdown style:
5. Start your days off with some hot spiced tea instead of the usual coffee! If you bring/buy a mug or thermos, that'd be even better.
4. Start casually interrogating your closest friends as to what they might want for Christmas this year. Remember, the key is casual. "Oh hey Jenny, I noticed you staring at those jeans in Express for over 20min.! Do you like it?" --Not a good strategy.
3. It might be a little early for this already, but heck, why not? Gather some friends together (hot cocoa is a must) snuggle up and watch some classic Xmas movies! (Another post on legendary Christmas movies later on)
2. Take a walk (while it's still not TOO cold) around Fairfield and enjoy the fall scenery! I just went for a pretty amazing one yesterday. Go out like you're going to Roncalli, but turn right before you cross the street and head into the golf course. Follow that road and enjoy the adventure! (Yes, yes, it's still in Fairfield, not Bridgeport)
1. Actually, that was my #1! Get out there and take a walk with a friend! You'll be amazed how nice of a breath of fresh air it'll be from staying on campus all the time--it definitely was for me.
And there you have it guys! Hopefully I helped you out a little with enjoying the season around campus. I'm about to head to my 9am with my thermos of tea right now! Cheers!
Peace & Love, Brent-amillion Pegasus